Kenwood KMR-700U - Marine digital media receiver
Kick your CDs off the boat — Kenwood's KMR-700U digital media receiver offers a USB connection with built-in iPod® control so you can enjoy your favorite albums or playlists while you're on the water. This innovative system includes the marine receiver and a hideaway amplifier/connection unit, both with special water-resistant conformal coatings that protect the internal circuitry from the corrosive marine environment.
Plays and protects your iPod
The KMR-700U features a USB input behind its face for connecting your iPod or a USB storage device. That's a nice feature, but Kenwood adds an extra twist. A built-in watertight compartment inside the receiver keeps your iPod or other MP3 player protected from the elements, and Kenwood even includes a neoprene storage bag that adds an extra level of safety for your portable player.
Sweet sound controls
The robust internal amplifier puts plenty of muscle behind your tunes, and it's complemented by a serious set of sound controls. You can access a 3-band parametric equalizer for fine tuning, while the speaker size matching feature tailors the output of the receiver for different speaker sizes. Kenwood's Supreme setting improves the sound of compressed music files. And the versatile KMR-700U offers dual-zone audio output, so you can listen to one source below deck, while a different source plays at the helm.
- marine digital media receiver with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- no internal CD player — plays MP3, WMA, and AAC music files from your iPod and other external sources
- specially sealed against the elements for use in the marine environment
- built-in MP3 player pocket for protection from the elements
- 3-line white on black LCD display
- compatible with optional wired remote control
- dual-zone audio
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 7 preset sound curves
- Supreme setting for improved compressed audio file playback
- speaker settings function for matching speaker size
- front and rear high-pass filter
- subwoofer low-pass filter, phase, and level control
- built-in iPod control
- compatible with satellite radio tuner (built-in SIRIUS DirectConnect adapter)
- inputs: USB input, auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel 4-volt preamp outputs (front, rear, subwoofer)